- The conference is endorsed by the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Petroleum
- Sponsors of the country’s investment-focused event will include public organizations and institutions, like the new National Oil, Gas and Biofuels Agency, as well as the industries leading oil & gas companies
- Angola Oil & Gas 2019 will be venue for promotion of government’s investment reforms, 2019 licensing round, introduction of new licensing agency and regeneration of Sonangol
Feb. 26, Luanda, Angola — The Angola Oil & Gas 2019 Conference & Exhibition will be a critical launch pad for the Angola Government’s ambitious efforts to transform the economy and establish an era of new investments. Under the auspices of H.E. João Manuel Gonçalves Lourenço, President of Angola, and endorsed by the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Petroleum, the conference will be the year’s biggest gathering for investment in the oil and gas industry. From June 4-6 in Luanda, Angola Oil & Gas 2019 will gather key governmental officials and C-level executives spanning the spectrum of the energy industry for a week of keynote presentations, moderated panel discussions, exhibitions, networking gatherings and investment facilitation.
Confirmed speakers of the conference include H.E. João Manuel Gonçalves Lourenço, President of Angola; H.E. Diamantino Pedro Azevedo, Minister of Mineral Resources and Petroleum; José Alexandre Barroso, Secretary of State for Petroleum; H.E. Gabriel Mbaga Obiang Lima, Minister of Mines & Hydrocarbons of Equatorial Guinea; H.E. Paulino Jerónimo, Chairman, National Oil, Gas and Biofuels Agency and Dr. Carlos Saturnino, Chairman of the Board, Sonangol EP.
“Angola is an African giant, and with the new reforms introduced under President Lourenço’s administration, the nation is entering a new era of wealth and prosperity,” said CEO of Africa Oil & Power Guillaume Doane. “The Angolan Government has made it loud and clear that it wants to transform its economy and open the country to new investment. Angola Oil & Gas 2019 is the place to discover those opportunities.”
Focal points of the conference include:
• Highlights of regulatory and investment reforms, including the Natural Gas Regulatory Framework, increased incentives of foreign direct investment and improved terms for oil and gas exploration.
• Angola’s 2019 Licensing Round, the country’s first in eight years, and the new program for marginal oil fields, will be launched at the Angola Oil & Gas 2019 Conference and Exhibition hosted by Africa Oil & Power.
• Introduction of the Angola’s National, Oil, Gas and Biofuels Agency, which is now the national concessionaire of hydrocarbons, a role previously held by the country’s national oil company, Sonangol.
• Sonangol’s 30-month Regeneration Program to restructure the company, sell off assets and become more profitable.
The conference will be held at Centro de Convenções Talatona (CCTA), official Venue Partner, and the exhibition will be held adjacent in the marquee of the Talatona Convention Hotel (HCTA), official Accommodation Partner.
Espaços, the Advertising & Media Partner of the conference, is a Luanda-based publication that is rapidly expanding into Portuguese-speaking markets, with current operations in São Tomé e Principe and Cape Verde, and targets of entering Mozambique and Portugal.
Partners of the event include African Energy Chamber, African Investment Development Alliance Corporation and the International Association of Geophysical Contractors.
+1 646 377 2178