The Nebraska Municipal Power Pool will hold a series of utility training sessions on a variety of topics at three different locations across Nebraska during late January and into February and March. Locations include Lincoln, Broken Bow and Sidney in Nebraska with the goal of providing two, six-hour training sessions annually at each location.
The current 2019 training session schedule:
- February 26 – Safety Training led by Kansas Municipal Utilities
- March 5 – Vendor/In-House Training
Broken Bow, Neb.
- February 27 – Safety Training led by Kansas Municipal Utilities
- March 6 – Vendor/In-House Training
- February 28 – Safety Training led by Kansas Municipal Utilities
- January 31 – Vendor/In-House Training
Since its beginning in the 1970s, the Nebraska Municipal Power Pool has assisted its member utilities with training opportunities covering a wide variety of electric distribution system topics.
Many of the NMPP’s member utilities are small with utility staff wearing many hats so providing training opportunities involving several utilities from the same region has proved valuable through the years.
NMPP Training Groups – What’s New?
- NMPP’s new training program includes three groups based on geographic location – Lincoln, Broken Bow and Sidney in Nebraska.
- Each training group location will hold two, six-hour training sessions annually on training topics to be determined.
- All NMPP utilities are eligible to attend the sessions.
- Cost is $500 per year; up to five attendees per participant community.
For more information, contact: